Tuesday, July 08, 2008

John Templeton Dead at 95

John Templeton, pioneer investor, dies at 95 - MarketWatch
John Templeton, the legendary mutual-fund manager who was a pioneer of international investing and later committed much of his fortune to scientific causes, died Tuesday. He was 95.


My first thought was that it is sad that he is gone, but he was, as the Hebrew Scriptures say of some other special men, "old, and full of days". With all that we know about him, I think it's pretty certain that he is in a better place, a much better place.

I have a book about Templeton, Ten Golden Rules for Financial Success, by Gary Moore, Zondervan Publishing House 1996. I still pick it up every now and then and look through it. It has been encouraging and helpful to me. I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home